7 days to Go! Coursework Chronicles
This is one of the funniest stories I have from my University days lol
What do you do when you have seven days left to hand in three courseworks and you're not nearly half done! Find out what ended up happening.
13 May 2017
A lot of my stories from my final year are extracts from my final year diary. Yes! I love journaling, and cute pretty journals too. I actually have three at the moment. I use my journals to write my goals, plans and as my diary too. I feel like when you experience things in life, you might remember them but you probably wouldn’t remember how those things made you feel. So I believe journals are perfect for capturing memories you don’t want to forget, especially happy ones!
Earlier, I planned on sharing this particular story from my final year, but on second thought, I thought I’d keep it for myself lol. Maybe I’ll tell my children or something lol. However, what I’ll be doing instead is sharing tips for other members of the last minute committee lol! Welcome to the club! So what do you do when you find yourself in a situation where you started studying late, you have just one week till the start of exams, and you still have a lot to cover?
Here are seven tips that could come in handy!
1) Breathe- The first thing you need to do is take a deep breath. When you have very little time left, it could feel like it’s the end of the world and nothing could be worse than this. Believe me, there are worse things in life and it’s not the end of the world. You will survive this and come out stronger. The first thing you need to do is to take a deep breath and calm down. Afterall, we need a plan. To make a plan, we need to think, and to think, we need to be calm. So keep calm.
2) Forget the time you’ve lost – This might actually be the most important point. When you start studying late, it’s so easy to keep thinking about all the time you wasted and how you could have put it to better use, and you’ll say to yourself, "if only I started reading earlier". You’d also replay in your mind all the different ways things could have gone differently if you had been wiser. But please try not to do this. The problem with thinking about all the time you’ve lost is that, it takes TIME and that’s the only thing we don’t have right now. So forget about all the time you’ve lost and focus on the time you have left, and how you can make the best use of it! Now we’re getting somewhere!
3) Plan- Make a plan! So we have a few days left! How many essays do you have? What’s your timetable like? How can you be the most productive within the next couple of days? The answer to this will depend on your peculiar situation and how you work as a person, and this is something only you can do; so sit down (we’re calm by now) and make a plan! But make sure it’s practical- be honest with yourself.
4) Find a motivation- One thing is certain, you’re going to have to work extra hard within the next couple of days. That is the only way you can carry out your plan and achieve all your goals. But you need some motivation to do this, so find something that motivates you - something that will keep you going. It could be a motivational video or song (you could try watching ‘How bad do you want it’ by Eric Thomas, it's really good and you can watch it here or you can listen to Sparrows by Jason Gray here) or think of something that motivates you. Something that always worked for me was to remember that in a few days, I was going to be FREE. So you can think of that. Tell yourself, you just have to give the next couple of days your all, then you’ll be free. Yayyy!
5) Forget about what everyone else is doing- So Rachel has finished studying and she’s reading the second time, well that’s not our problem! Focus on you! Forget everyone else! You’re not competing with them. You’re on your own journey, running your own race and that’s what matters right now.
6) Pray- Whether you like it or not, this actually works. Ask God for strength and guidance and you’d get it ten times over. P.S. If He can hold the world then He can hold this moment :)
7) Do it! - Now you have only one job, which is to work as hard and smart as you can, within the time that you have left, so let’s get this! Just do it!